Feeling bored in the office? Surely not?!?!
Want to try something new and exciting to do? Why not initiate an office dare system - however to do it properly only you are allowed to know the dare. Sound confusing? Well read on...
ONE-POINT OFFICE DARES
- Run one lap around the office at top speed.
- Groan out loud in the toilet cubicle (at least one other 'non-player' must be in the toilet at the time).
- Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
- Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
- To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your head.
- When someone hands you a piece of paper, finger it, and whisper huskily, "Hmmm, that feels soooooo good!"
- Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say, "Sorry, I really prefer it this way".
- Walk sideways to the photocopier.
- While riding in a lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open
THREE POINT DARES
- Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot him with double-barreled fingers.
- Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
- Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
- Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
FIVE POINT DARES
- At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
- Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
- For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
- Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
- After every sentence, say 'Mon.' in a really bad Jamaican accent - As in "the report's on your desk, Mon.". Keep this up for one hour.
- While an office mate is out, move their chair into the lift.
- In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!".
- At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again."
- In a colleague's diary, write in 10am: "See how I look in tights".
- Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask, "You wanna trade?"
- Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now".
- Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it".
- Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell him he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
- Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig, etc) during a very important conference call.
- Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
- Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from the back of your pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.
- Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit, smash each biscuit with your fist.
- During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
- Arrange toy figures on the table to represent each meeting attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life counterparts.
And if that wasn't enough for you here are some examples of insane acts you can use anywhere...
- At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
- Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
- Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
- Put your rubbish bin on your desk and label it "IN."
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
- In the subject field for all your e-mails, write "FOR SEXUAL FAVOURS".
- Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
- Don't use any punctuation
- As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
- Specify that your drive-through order is "to go."
- Sing along at the opera.
- Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
- Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.
- Five days in advance tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
- Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard.
- When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won! 3rd time this week!"
- When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling, "Run for your lives, they're loose!"
And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity...
- Send this to everyone in your address book, even if they sent it to you or have asked you not to send them stuff like this.